Linking Michiana’s 3rd Annual Job Fair will be hosted at Howe Military Academy in the Major Merritt Dining Hall, 5755 N. Indiana 9, Howe, Indiana on Tuesday, March 25 from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Of the 36 companies participating, 30 will be seeking to fill over 1,000 jobs! This hiring event is FREE and open to the public; veterans and teens included!
Linking Michiana has gathered employers from various cities in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan to meet potential employees at their 3rd Annual Job Fair at Howe Military Academy! Job seekers of all ages are invited! From entry level to the most skilled and experienced job seeker- this is a hiring event not to miss! High school seniors could also benefit from attending, because several employers will be seeking to fill additional full time positions coming available this summer! Job seekers are encouraged to bring several copies of their resumes and dress as they would for a job interview.
While this annual hiring event helps area job seekers gain employment, it also raises money for Howe Military Academy’s Scholarship Fund. A special addition to Linking Michiana’s job fair is the laptop station set up by PMC Computers & Surveillance, of Kendallville, Indiana, for job seekers to apply for positions online!
For Hoosier veterans, a Veteran’s Employment & Training Advisor from WorkOne Northeast will be available to answer questions and explain their services. South Bend Vet Center will be present with their mobile unit to explain their outreach and resources to veterans and their families.
Looking for new job, a summer job or better job? It’s free! It’s open to the public and everyone is invited!
Day & Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Times: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Location: Howe Military Academy, Major Merritt Dining Hall – 5755 N. Indiana 9, Howe, Indiana
- Stark Farms - Sturgis, Michigan – 150+ youth for detasseling, must be at least 14 years old. Stark Farms also is in need of bus drivers.
- Employment Plus - Sturgis, Michigan & Elkhart, Indiana – 250 openings to include positions for: Morgan Olson – Sturgis, Michigan; Lund International – Howe, Indiana; Chassix – Bristol, Indiana; KIK Custom Products – Elkhart Indiana
- American Axle Manufacturing - Three Rivers, Michigan – 100 hourly and 20 salary
- Angel Corps - LaGrange, Indiana – Home Health Aides, Attendants, Companions/Homemakers
- Wells Fargo Bank - LaGrange, Indiana – approximately 20 openings in Northern Indiana
- ProResources - Kendallville, Indiana – 100+ openings in Northern Indiana – light & heavy industrial and skilled workers
- Bowen Center - LaGrange, Indiana – HR and Rehab Service Providers – HR and Rehab Service Providers
- Aerotek Staffing - Fort Wayne, Indiana – Assembler, Maintenance Tech, Quality Engineer, Warehouse Worker, Recruiter/Sales Trainee, MIG Welder, CMM, Automation Technician, and Test Engineer.
- Northeastern Center - Kendallville, Indiana – professional/health care
- VCI, Inc - Sturgis, Michigan
- EmploymentGroup - Kalamazoo, Michigan – openings in Mendon, Constantine, Three Rivers & Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Howe Military Academey Summer Camp - Howe, Indiana – seasonal summer jobs
- Miller Poultry - Orland, Indiana – Skilled Maintenance, Leads, and Production Workers for 1st and 2nd shifts.
- Advance Employment - Three Rivers, Michigan – 60 positions – CNC set up, CNC operation, Machine Operators, Break Press Operators, and Quality Inspections
- PayServ Staffing - Angola, Indiana – light industrial, assembly, clerical, heavy manufacturing, general labor
- Elwood Staffing - Sturgis, Michigan & Angola, Indiana – 100+ positions -general labor, forklift, material handling, production supervisors, clerical, welding, CNC, mechanics
- People Link Staffing - Ligonier & Bristol, Indiana – 140 employment opportunities
- Lennard Ag - Howe, Indiana – General Labor, Operators: machines & farm equipment, Truck Drivers: CDL & Non CDL
- Van Buren Hotel - Shipshewana, Indiana – housekeeping, front desk, and breakfast
- Elite Logistics – Ligonier, Indiana – seeking 15 – 20 welders and 35 production workers for Tenneco
- GT Independence – Sturgis, Michigan – seeking Management Trainees, Accountants, Customer Service Associates
- Das Dutchman Essenhaus – Middlebury, Indiana – seeking to fill various positions all shifts
- Leader Staffing – Kendallville, Indiana – Forklift Operators, Assembly, Color Matchers, Maintenance, Paint Mixers, Machine Operators, Quality Inspectors, Leads/Supervisors, Painters, Welders, Process Engineers, and Safety Engineers.
- Riegsecker Marketplace – 130+ seasonal and year-round employment opportunities – for teens and adults! Seeking to fill positions for: Blue Gate Restaurant, Hitching Post Frozen Yogurt, Gift Stores, Blue Gate Theater, Blue Gate Garden Inn, Shipshewana Furniture Company, and Riegsecker Cabinet Company.
- ARC of LaGrange County – Howe, Indiana – part & full time positions. – Service Coordinator, Direct Support Staff: program, classroom, and workshop, and Respite Care.
- Nishikawa Copper, LLC – Topeka, Indiana – Ready to fill 45 positions: General Production, Leaders, Machine Maintenance, Shipping & Receiving, and Extrusion.
- Goodwill Industries – Sturgis, Michigan – Retail
- MBC Group – Goshen, Indiana – has 100+ positions to fill! Welders (welding chassis), Upholstery Sewers, RV Furniture Assembly, Window Assembly, and other manufacturing positions in Middlebury & Goshen, Indiana.
- JAG Mobile Solutions – Howe, Indiana - skilled & entry level production: range from electrical, plumbing, welding, final finish, and more!
- YMCA Camp Potawotami – Wolcottville, Indiana – Grounds Keeper, Housekeeper, Cook, and Dishwasher
- DuMor Water Specialist, Inc – Elkhart & Angola, Indiana – Water Specialists
- First Call Staffing – Elkhart, Indiana – 40+ positions: Welding, Material Handling, Production, Construction, Quality, Sewing, Maintenance, Forklift, Warehousing, Powder Coating, Office, Clerical
- Staffmark – Kendallville, Indiana – Mold Techs, CNC Operators, Tool Die Repair, Quality/Inspection, Assembly, Process Controllers, General Production, Packers
Educational & Information Services
- Wesleyan University - Marion, Indiana and 18 career opportunities
- Impact Institute - Free Adult Education Classes to help adults get their GED!
- Trine University - Sturgis, Michigan – Education
- WorkOne Northeast - Veteran’s Employment & Training Advisor
- South Bend Vet Center - Support & outreach for veterans and their families
Non Profit Groups
- New Hope Club House - Kendallville, Indiana – an organization affiliated with the Northeastern Center, that helps the mentally ill gain employment and reach educational goals.